Remember this, when you step over my door sill, you’ve been raised. You know the difference between right and wrong. Do right. Don’t let anybody else raise you and make you change. And remember this, you can always come home.’

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Narcissism can infect you too be careful!

nar-cis-sism
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

My mom has always been that little voice not afraid to let me know I was posting an excessive amount of pictures on myspace, she would say "those are all the same picture honey are you sure you want to post all of them?" Why yes mom don't you see these are all very different? Look I'm wearing a hat in this one, my heads tilted to the side in that one and I'm wearing a new shirt in this one! I think she was embarrassed for me cause I was to stupid to see reality. I would get annoyed that she always had something to say and chalked it up to our age difference and her not understanding the "Internet age" plus I was single at the time so she didn't understand that this was all "normal". I was sorely mistaken years later I look back and am embarrassed to see all the repeat pictures I posted of myself feeding off my friends comments, my cheeks are red as I type this.

Mom you were right all along. My ah ha moment was meeting some one else who excessively posted self portraits on her profile on an almost daily basis unaware that every one is rolling their eyes at yet another self portrait exactly the same as a few days ago the only difference was the date it was taken. I can only wonder what people must have thought of me when they were bombarded by my weekly pic posts lol. Thanks mom you tried, guess I had to learn this lesson on my own thank goodness it was just a phase! I love you wise woman! I've discovered that true beauty is really to be humble.
I still like posting pictures but now I try to mix it up and make them of others!

hum-ble

1. not proud or arrogant; modest: to be humble although successful




No comments: