Remember this, when you step over my door sill, you’ve been raised. You know the difference between right and wrong. Do right. Don’t let anybody else raise you and make you change. And remember this, you can always come home.’

Monday, April 27, 2009

I decided to wash my car. The quarter machine was out of order that should have been my first clue. I went across the street to the gas station to turn my dollars into quarters, the lady would only exchange one dollar for me. Which should have been my second clue. I should just go home and forget about the whole car wash idea. But I was not going to give up that easy. I needed a dollar fifty so I searched my car for any loose change. WallA! There they were two bright and shiny quarters under my seat for a rainy day! So I plunk my quarters in and start hosing down my car then I flip it to the pink foamy wash and lathered up my car! Then the timer starts beeping at me that I have little time left before I need to put more quarters in! But I was only a third of the way done with washing down my car. So I start to run and scrub my car as fast as I can so I can rinse before my time is up! Then it happens. My time was up and I have a foamy pink car..... Now I'm irritated I'm out of quarters the lady across the street won't help me out and the change machine is out of order. I'm left with no choice but to drive my foamy pink car thru the Burger King drive thru and ask if they can break my paper dollar into quarters. As I drive away I can hear them laughing at me. Well I have learned my lesson I will have no less than 5 bucks in quarters next time I want a wash my car. Good thing I can laugh at myself. And I'm glad there was back streets I could take so I could avoid the main drag where people would see me the most. Oh and I'm glad the Burger King drive thru was not busy. lol...

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is too funny and I can see it happening not only to you, but to me as well. Good thing you can laugh about it and at yourself! Thanks for sharing! :-) See you in June.

The Sheaffer family said...

ha ha ha so funny! Yes, you should've taken the clues. I take any clue I can...not to wash my car :)

Thanks for sharing...